Tuesday, January 3, 2012

ERA EN ECUADOR

 

“Has God called you to leave your present environment and to move into His service in a new location?”

“The tribe of Dan had not yet claimed their inheritance where they would live. . . . “Please inquire of God, that we may know whether the journey on which we go will be prosperous.”  “The presence of the Lord will be with you on your way.”  “Arise, let us go up . . . . . Do not hesitate to go and enter to possess the land . . . . . For God has given it into your hands.”  “Possess the land which the Lord your God is giving you.” (Judges 18:5-6; 9-10;  Deuteronomy 11:31)

These were the words I wrote in a daily devotional in 2003  while in South Africa and waiting to go abroad. The reading is dated 1 January. Today is exactly nine years ago. (2012)

 

IMG_8980_450x338

Tier 1. 

God first called me into fulltime service for Him on 1 September 1991, to found a nursing ministry in my home, for terminally ill Cancer patients in South Africa.This lasted for seventeen years, and I ceased the work in August, 2008.

It was during this ministry that God gave me promises from His Word that I would become involved in a Bible College. I received the same promise in the years 2000, 2003 and 2007, at midnight at the beginning of a new year.

 

IMG_1666_338x450

Tier 2.   On 10 October 2008, eight years later, I registered as a student at Pillsbury College and Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, to pursue five degrees in Biblical Studies, and two years later on 10 October 2010, I completed my studies, by the grace of God.

On 10 January, 2011, ten years and ten days after my initial promise of involvement in a Bible College, God led me to found a Satellite College of Pillsbury College and Seminary in Cotacachi, Ecuador, which I have called the “Cotacachi Bible College” – affiliated with Pillsbury College and Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri, USA”.

On 14 May, 2011, I graduated at Pillsbury College and Seminary, St. Louis, and I then proceeded to work at the Seminary as a volunteer, in the capacity as Dean of Biblical Studies, for 6 months. I taught students in the USA and internationally during this time. God also used me in a mighty and miraculous way to found four Satellite Bible Colleges in Zimbabwe, when 182 Pastors registered to pursue degrees in Biblical Studies. Colleges will be opened this year (2012) throughout this country. Prior to leaving for the USA, God promised me from His Word, that I would be involved in what I termed a“153” Ministry. The promise was from John 21, when Jesus instructed His disciples to cast their net on the other side. They subsequently drew up their net, and there were 153 fish in the catch. “153” I believed meant that God will allow me large catches of students. True to His Word, Zimbabwe was one of the “153 Catches” of students. This was my second phase of fulltime service that God assigned to me.

 

IMG_5046_450x338

Tier 3.  On 23 November 2011, God opened the doors for me to return to Ecuador. I am on the threshold of Phase 3 of fulltime service in the Master’s Ministry.

Today, 2 January, 2012, I received the following Scripture from the Lord:

“And there was an enlarging, and a winding about still upward to the side chambers, for the winding about of the house went still upward round about the house:  therefore the breadth of the house was still upward and so increased from the lower chamber to the highest by the midst.”  (Ezekiel 41:7)

I believe that “the lower chamber” was my ministry to dying Cancer patients. The “middle chamber” was my two years of study and my term of service at Pillsbury College and Seminary. I believe that I am about to enter into the “highest chamber” of service.  I have, therefore, titled this new section of my blog:

 

             “ ERA  EN  ECUADOR “

 

. . . . . .  a new era of Christian ministry in Ecuador.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment