Monday, November 1, 2010

Evangelizing in Ecuador

 
 
I discovered this beautiful Christian man – Segundo - at the market. Whenever I went to the market he was studying his Bible. His Bible is part of his daily attire. He was so excited that I wanted to take his pic and read from the Word to the camera. That was ultra precious. I love him and we hug each other like brother and sister whenever we bump into each other. Sometimes people stop and stare..................and grin................ I'll keep them guessing. He is irresistible.
 
 

I do not know her name. A beautiful elderly saint. At times she has walked over rugged terrain and hills for 10 kms or more, just to meet in the Lord's House. I wonder if we have ever tried that! My guess is that she is over 80 years of age. Her Bible is just as well-worn. I'm not sure if she can read it, but it is such a vital part of her life. Do I measure up to her? I do not think so!
 
 

This dear man owns a little fruit stall and whenever I pass by I find him reading his Bible. Is he on his way to Heaven? I am not sure. Only God knows.
 
 
 
A very precious man in a high position at the Municipio. He needs the Lord. My way of sharing the Lord while unable to speak much Spanish - Give them the whole "works" - the Word of God. I am favored with a kiss in broad daylight whenever I meet up with this exceptional man. I think he is old enough to be my son. Solomon's Girl thought it was quite OK to kiss in public - that is her "brother". (Song of Solomon 8:1) I would like to add that the people you are about to see have never owned or ever read the Word of God. Their mouths drop open when I hand them a copy of the Scriptures. They beam! For me????????????? One lady even hugged her copy.
 
 

This Quichua Indian lady needs the Lord. This is the market stall where I purchase "verduras" - vegetables. A Bible in her own language! Unbelievable!
 
 
 
This little treasure assembled all of my completed studies at Pillsbury College and Seminary. I love her! I want her to be the child of a King.
 
 

I praise God that I cannot only hug this little treasure, but proudly display the Bible she is holding. She is one of the "fish" who needs the Lord.
 
 

A security Guard (he is so pretty! A man, pretty? Come and see for yourself) who needs the security of the Lord. I gave him the most powerful weapon there is - a Bible!
 
 

He is a winner. He is precious. He, too, needs the Lord. He has treasure in his hand. This dear "child" attended to me whenever I sent my work off to Dr. Curt. See what you guys and gals are missing
 

The Word of God is more precious than silver or gold!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dawn,
    Love your excellent blog. Only one suggestion: can you chop off the top of my photo with the goofy hat? Without doing too much damage to my scalp?
    Blessings!
    Dr. Curt

    ReplyDelete